Preliminary Swim Testing January 26th, 2008 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
– Applicant must be 18 years or older
– Applicant must be able to read and write English
– Applicant must be able to swim twenty eight (28) lengths of a 25 meter swimming pool. Ten Length freestyle, ten length breast stroke, and eight lengths mix freestyle and breast stroke in fifteen minutes
– Applicant must be able to swim twenty five meters retrieve a 10lbs dumbbell from ten feet of water and swim back on their backs with both hand on the dumbbell on his/her chest with the breast stroke kick in two minutes
Course outline: February 11th, thru 17th, 2008
– The Professional Lifeguard and injury prevention & patron surveillance and emergency preparation
– Rescue skills and Before providing care and rescue skills
– Breathing and cardiac emergencies, two rescuer CPR, AED and First Aid
– Injuries to Muscle, bones and joints and caring for head, neck and back injuries
– Caring for head, neck and back injuries
– Shallow and deep water line searches
– Final written exam and final skill scenarios
– Preliminary assessment twenty dollars ($ 20.00)
– Course Fee two hundred and ninety dollars ($290.00).
A Successful Candidate is expected to :
– Must past the preliminary testing.
– Attend all sessions; session will include the class room, pool and beach.
– Be prepared and on time
– Participate in all exercises
Hours for programme are Monday thru Friday 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m, Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Contact person is Mrs. Karon Pinder-Johnson, telephone (242) 352-7074, fax: (242) 352-1983, email: [email protected] .